Tag Archives: matsyasana…………contraindications
Matsyasana (Fish pose)
- Sit in padmasana and relax the whole body.
- Carefully bend backward supporting the whole body with the arms and elbows. Lift the chest slightly, take the head back and lower the crown of the head to the floor.
- Hold the big toes and rest the elbows on the floor.
- Adjust the position of the head so that the miximum arch of the back is attained.
- Relax the arms and the whole body, aallowing the head, buttocks and lags to support the weight of the body. Close the eyes and breath slowly and deeply.
- return to the starting position, reversing the order of movements.
- Repeat the asana, eith the legs crossed the other way.
The final position may be hold for up to 5 minutes although 1 to 3 minutes is sufficient for general health.
Breathe deeply and slowly in the final position.
This practice is very good for asthma and bronchitis as it encouraged deep respiration. It re-circulates stagnant blood in back, alleviating backache and cervical spondyltis
To Know More www.ayurvedayogashram.com